Services - Accommodation
Accommodation & Care Solutions provides "normal house, normal street" residential care for young people (under 70) with a disability. We help provide dignified and relevant lifestyles for young Australians (under 70) with 24/7 care needs.
Features of A&CS houses:
- 24 hour support,
- Individualized lifestyle plans,
- Access to community
Our Accommodation is based in:
- Southern Melbourne Region, - 3 houses.
- Independent Units
- North and West Melbourne, - 2 houses, 2 individual units
- Gippsland. - one house
We also provide respite- you can contact our respite manager for any enquiries:firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions.
- Is there flexibility with daily living?
The idea of the accommodation is to create relevant and dignified lifestyles. As such residents can determine the times they will shower, go to bed, eat etc.
- Is food provided?
Yes. All meals are provided at no charge and residents can determine their own menus. One of the major philosophies of the accommodation is to create opportunities for re-engagement with family and friends. Family and friends are welcome to enjoy meals with the resident.
- What staff will be working there?
There are staff there to assist as required dependent on the care required.
- Do the residents have input into the running of the Accommodation and Care Solutions houses.
The residents and their families will sit on a management committee with representatives from Accommodation and Care Solutions. The residents will largely determine the running of the apartments.
- Can the resident work / seek further education?
Yes. If the resident has the capacity and desire to seek employment or continue with a current job then Accommodation and Care solutions will assist in facilitating this.
- Can the resident have pets?
Ideally yes, however this will be determined on a case by case basis. Pets are of course, always welcome to visit.
- Can family and friends stay with a resident?
One of our houses has a family room, that allows the flexibility of family to stay.