NDIS Launches New Website
Published on January 22, 2019
Today, the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) officially launched its new National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) website. The goal? To improve the online experience of all users across Australia.
Minister for Families and Social Services, Paul Fletcher, said consultation and feedback from participants, families, carers, providers and sector representatives, had been vital to the development and testing of the new website.
“The launch of the new NDIS website today is a direct result of community feedback,” Mr Fletcher said.
With over 300 individual feedback responses received, the structure, design and functionality of the new website has been reconfigured.
According to Assistant Minister for Social Services, Housing and Disability Services, Sarah Henderson,“information on the new website is presented in a simpler structure, making it easier for people to learn about and work with the Scheme”.
As a result, the NDIA is being applauded for having considered various ways to better meet the needs of people who are blind or vision impaired.
What is included in the new site?
The new website features:
- a simplified structure aligned to the new participant pathway
- a new and adaptable design making is easier to access the site on handheld devices such as mobile phones
- improved search functionality, making it easier to find local information sessions, partner and NDIA office locations and roll out details
- new inbuilt accessibility features such as contrast and font resizing ensuring engagement
- clearer layout of information to explain key information and processes.
Website users can continue to provide feedback on the new website via firstname.lastname@example.org.
The new website replaces the existing website and users can access the site by visiting www.ndis.gov.au
ACARES is proud to be a registered NDIS provider and can support individuals funded by the Scheme. Click here for more information on how ACARES can help you on your journey.